The final months for our Year 11 cohort are action-packed. Here are details of some key time periods and events:
Finishing the curriculum
In most subjects, the focus is currently on completion of the curriculum so that students are equipped with the knowledge they need to be successful in examinations and move on to the next stage in their education.
Once the curriculum has been covered, the focus will turn to revision and exam preparation. In addition, some subjects will begin to offer after-school revision sessions. Details of these sessions will be communicated by their teachers.
Year 11 Celebration Day
Final day of formal teaching (Thursday 12 May)
Normal lessons will take place in the morning (periods 1-4). After lunch, students will be taken to the field by their period 5 teacher to sign polo shirts, if they wish, and take photographs. Please note: this is the only period of the day in which students will be allowed to have their shirts signed.
Year 11 Celebration Day
Students will have an opportunity to celebrate their time at Bottisham, say their farewells and enjoy their last day as a year group on a Year 11 Celebration Day on Friday 13th May.
The day of celebration will include the following:
- Celebration breakfast
- Form time activities – quiz, and memories
- Leavers’ assembly
- Lunch – barbeque-style food, plus dessert
- Performances – musical and other acts
Students should wear semi-formal clothes. The advice is to dress as they would for a job interview.
We kindly ask for a voluntary contribution of £5.00 towards the cost of food and entertainment. Payments should be made via Wisepay.
Study leave will commence on Monday 16th May. At this point, students will only need to come to school for their examinations, but we will provide facilities for them to use should they wish to be here at other times. The Dining Hall will be available for students to use if they are in school outside examination times.
In order to ensure smooth operation of the school, as well as to safeguard our students, the following expectations will be in place:
- Students should arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start time of each examination.
- Students arriving for a morning examination should enter school in the normal way. They will be registered upon arrival at the examination venue.
- Students arriving for an afternoon examination can enter school through the main reception or through the perimeter fence in the Sports Centre car park. They will be registered upon arrival at the examination venue.
- When students are in school for a period of time before, after or between examinations, they will need to remain on the school site, signing a register in the Dining Hall and remaining there unless they are attending a revision session. Students should not be wandering the site or using the school field during normal lesson time.
- Students are not required to wear school uniform, but do need to wear clothes that are comfortable and appropriate for a school environment.
This page includes the complete timetable of Summer exams. Individual timetables giving dates, times and locations of examinations will be given to students in due course.
As you will know, adjustments have been made to the structure and content of some examinations due to the impact of the pandemic. A summary of these adjustments can be found here.
Teachers will be communicating a summary of these adjustments to students in lessons in the coming weeks.
Further details to follow.
Year 11 Parents’ Information Video September 2021
This final year is a tour de force for students, both in terms of their personal development but also academically. Whilst the public examinations are never far from our thoughts, supporting students through their post-16 choices and applications is punctuated throughout the year.
Curriculum details are the same as year 10.
Number of lessons per fortnight
|Maths||English||Science||EBAC (Geog/Hist)||Option 1||Option 2||Option 3||PE||PSHE|
|Maths||English||Physics||Biology||Chemistry||Option 1||Option 2||Option 3||PE||PSHE|
Year 11 mock examinations usually take place in September & March.