We welcome the participation of parents and carers in the life of the college and in the education of their children.
Research has shown that strong partnerships between home and school can have a significant positive impact on wellbeing, attendance, academic progress and behaviour. At Bottisham Village College (BVC), we are committed to working alongside parents to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students.
Learning in School
Learning at Home
Mental & Emotional Health
Contact – Mr Dom Fullman
Contact – Mrs Beverly Wilding
We have a well-established Parent Forum that has the following objectives:
- To give feedback on proposed changes to school systems and policies
- To raise and discuss issues that are causing concern to parents
- To allow parents the opportunity to discuss new ideas that will bring benefit to the students or the wider school community
- To establish how we can strengthen the link between learning at school and at home
We are looking for parents with the following skills and qualities to join the Forum:
- Team players – working together effectively with other parents and staff
- Reflective – an ability to consider the impact of change and suggest solutions to problems
- Whole school perspective – an ability to consider the big picture and want to improve outcomes for all students
- Committed – time and a desire to attend half-termly meetings
If you wish to register an interest in joining the Parent Forum, or would like more information, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to hearing from some of you and meeting you in due course.
Contact Mr Dom Fullman
Parents’ Information Evening Presentations
Emergency School Closure
Contact – Mr Stuart Hodgson