How to apply

The Government gives money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’.

For every child registered, Bottisham Village College gets £935 a year and families who are currently paying for school meals will save over £400 a year.

Pupil Premium is used to provide a range of educational benefits for the pupils, which can include assistance with paying for extra-curricular activities and visits, and music lessons. Even if you do not wish your child to claim free lunches, by registering for them, you will allow the school to claim the associated Pupil Premium. No other benefits that you may be claiming are affected by this.
We would therefore like to encourage families to check whether they are eligible to receive free school meals.
Claiming free school meals has never been easier; you simply need to complete the application form online at  or download a paper copy of the form here –Free School Meal Application Form

You do not need to provide any paper proof of benefit. The system will automatically check your child’s entitlement to free school meals. You will need to provide your surname, date of birth and your National Insurance number or National Asylum Seeker reference number. Once approved, Cambridgeshire County Council will check that you continue to qualify for free school meals on a regular basis, using the Secure Electronic Checking System. There is no need to reapply at the end of the school year.

Your child will get free school meals if you receive any of the following:

  • Income Support
  • Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Child Tax Credit – but no element of Working Tax Credit – and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)) that does not exceed £16,190
  • If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Working Tax Credit during the four week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week
  • Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (as from 1 April 2018)

If you would like any assistance with claiming or wish to speak to us in confidence please contact the Finance office on Ext 0354 who will be happy to help.

This website uses cookies to improve user experience. By clicking Accept, you consent to our use of cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Learn More