As a multi academy trust (MAT), Anglian Learning is the Admissions Authority for all its schools and has responsibility for establishing the admissions criteria for the College.
However, we continue to follow the Local Authority arrangements regarding over-subscription criteria and appeals.
Pupil admission number is 300 for September 2024. Last year we received 454 applications of which 314 were first preference.
Further information about the application process is available from the Admissions Team on 0345 045 1370 or by visiting the Cambridgeshire County Council website here.
Our Catchment Area
The College’s catchment area is defined as the area served by the following Primary schools: Bottisham, Burwell, Cheveley, Kettlefields (Dullingham / Stetchworth villages), Fen Ditton, Fulbourn, Great Wilbraham, Teversham, Swaffham Bulbeck, and Swaffham Prior.
The criteria in this section apply to entry at all year groups of the school.
Any child with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) naming the school will be admitted regardless of numbers.
The remaining places will be given to those children who meet the criteria set out below, in priority order:
- Children In Care, sometimes known as Looked After Children, and previously Looked After Children.
- Children who live in our catchment, who attend one of our feeder schools, and who have a sibling already here.
- Children who live in our catchment, and who have a sibling already here.
- Children who live in our catchment and attend one of our feeder schools.
- All other children who live in our catchment.
- Children of school staff members
- Children who live outside our catchment but attend one of our feeders and already have a sibling here.
- Children who live outside our catchment but have a sibling here.
- Children who live outside our catchment but attend one of our feeder schools.
- Any other children, ranked according to distance.
In cases of equal merit, priority will go to children living nearest the college by shortest straight line distance. The distance, for admissions purposes, is measured using the straight line distance from the centre point of the home to the main pupil entrance to the school.
Each year a number of our students come from outside our area – from Cambridge, Newmarket and neighbouring villages. The number of additional places varies from year to year, depending on the size of the year group living in our area. Interested parents/carers should contact the Admissions Team at Shire Hall and complete the preference form accordingly.
At other times of the year (all year groups)
Please contact the Admissions Team at Shire Hall to check availability of numbers and to begin the admissions process. We are always very pleased to meet with parents/carers to discuss admission arrangements and to show you around our facilities in order to help you to make your decision.
Students living within the catchment area and more than three miles from the College are entitled to travel free on a bus. If you live out of catchment, parents are responsible for transporting their children to and from school as no transport is provided. However many students who live in Cambridge travel to and from the College on a service bus.