Working Creatively with Dreams (CPD Workshop)
Presented by Jill Reynolds
Counselling CPD Workshops are open to counselling students, practicing counsellors/psychotherapists and other professionals. The workshops can also contribute towards ‘The Advanced Certificate in Counselling Studies’
This one-day workshop offers the opportunity to explore dreams and the dreamworld from an Adlerian perspective, providing a mix of theory, skills, practice and personal development.
In this workshop we will:
- take a broad overview of dreams, the dreaming process, and the purpose of dreaming. We will discuss what dreaming means to you discuss different types of dreams;
- analyse a sample dream as a group;
- work creatively with your own dreams;
- discuss reorientation of dreams;
- look at dreams through Adlerian concepts such as social interest, psychological movement, masculine protest, compensatory movement, family constellation and others.
Hot water is available for drinks but please bring your own tea/coffee/milk. Please bring a packed lunch.
Jill Reynolds obtained her Diploma in Adlerian Counselling in 1999, qualified as a supervisor in 2007 and in the same year gained ASIIP accreditation. She started her life as an Adlerian tutor by doing a two-year apprenticeship under the guidance of Lilian Beattie, and going on to become the first year tutor. Currently, she is the fourth year tutor with Bucks Adlerian Training. She has an Open University degree in Psychology and holds a post-graduate certificate in adult education. Jill has a private counselling and supervision practice in Buckingham. She is a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and the British Psychological Society.