During this course you will learn the fundamentals of Stained Glass making to create your own unique panel. Suitable for beginners or improvers
During this course you will learn the fundamentals of Stained Glass Making. You will choose a design, and translate this into a stained glass panel using ‘Copper Foil Technique’ and possibly ‘Leading Technique’. By the end of the course, all learners can expect to have produced a small stained glass panel, sized roughly 30 x 30 cm. If you have already done a beginner’s course and would like to design your own piece, the tutor will offer advice and support with any project you are working on. We can put you in touch with the tutor before the course starts so you can discuss your project in advance.
Your Tutor: Jill Fordham
Jill is a locally based stained glass artist who has been running a stained glass business in Cambridge for 25 years and has been teaching stained glass courses for 15 years.
What you will need to bring
- A smock or apron to protect clothing; wear close-toed shoes
- Please bring your own plasters (don’t be alarmed by this; it is not common but in the event of any minor cuts, the tutor is not allowed to administer plasters to learners)
- Masks and safety goggles are provided
- If you have a sensitive skin or have any concerns about hand strength, please discuss this with the tutor
- Please let us know in advance if you have any respiratory problems, as soldering fumes can affect some learners.
Glass tools and equipment will be provided, but you will be given an opportunity to order your own if you wish. An optional £35 beginners’ package is offered by the tutor, where you can order 3 colours of glass. Alternatively you can use a range of coloured scrap glass provided by the tutor, for a small extra charge (approx. £10).