Dance Fitness: The Musicals
Take to the stage every week and be the star of your own show as you learn easy-to-follow routines to a variety of musical songs from stage and screen; including “Mamma Mia”, “Flashdance” and “Footloose”. The session is split into two main components; Fitness and flexibility is the focus of the first section of the session with a choreographed routine to finish each week. Never feel like exercise is a chore again!
It is advisable to eat only lightly two hours before class.
About Your Tutor
Sarah is a professionally trained dancer attending both Bird College, London, and Bodywork in Cambridge. She has been teaching dance and musical theatre for over a decade and has a huge wealth of knowledge in many different styles. Whilst studying she gained her fitness qualification in ‘Exercise to Music’ along side her degree course. Sarah is an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher and her passion for the subject is huge. She loves to see the enjoyment and technical improvements made in every one of the people she teaches as their confidence grows in the subject.
Previous experience and knowledge needed?
This is a mixed ability session and there will be different levels of fitness (and coordination!). The course would be classed as aerobic.
By the end of the course, you will have the opportunity to:
- Increase cardiovascular and aerobic fitness levels.
- Improve flexibility and posture.
- Learn a variety of choreographed routines in different styles.
- Improved muscle memory and coordination.
What you will need:
Comfortable clothing that you are able to move in, trainers or other suitable footwear (jazz shoes may be worn but not a requirement). Plenty of water.
- Please get advice from your GP before starting Yoga if you have any health concerns or an existing health condition.
- You will need to complete a pre-exercise health questionnaire before the course, if you are a new joiner or if you are an returning student with any changes to your medical history.
October – 31
November – 7, 14, 21 and 28